Spilldoc Combination Emergency Shower and Eyewash Station
Material: 304 and 316 Stainless Steel
Type: Combination of Shower & Eyewash
Activation: Hand Push Plate and Foot Treadle
Standard: ANSI Z358.1-2014
Warranty: 12 Months from product supply against manufacturing defects
Head: 10” stainless steel
Eye Wash Nozzle: Single spraying with 10” stainless steel recycle bowl
Shower Valve: 1” 304 stainless steel ball valve
Eye Wash Valve: 1/2” 304 stainless steel ball valve
Supply: 1 1/4" FNPT
Waste: 1 1/4" FNPT
Eye Wash Flow ≥11.4 L/Min, shower flow≥75.7 L/Min
Hydraulic Pressure: 0.2MPA-0.6MPA
Original Water: Drinking water or filtered water
Emergency eyewash and safety shower stations are essential equipment for every industry that uses chemical and hazardous substances. We provide a wide range of Emergency safety showers and equipment and guidance to maintain a safe environment in a hazardous workplace.
Use our Spilldoc Combination Emergency Shower and Eyewash Station BD-560G for an immediate response to remove toxic or harmful substances. It comes with both a hand push plate and a foot pedestal for immediate flushing of water.
Should an accident involving chemicals or regents occur in a laboratory or a workplace, it is extremely important to immediately flush out the harmful substances from our bodies. The first 10 to 15 seconds after exposure to a hazardous substance such as corrosive substances are very critical for the personal safety of an individual.
Accidental chemical exposures can still occur even with good engineering controls and safety precautions. As a result, it is essential to look beyond the use of goggles, face shields, and procedures for using personal protective equipment. Emergency showers and eyewash stations are necessary backups to minimize the effects of accident exposure to chemicals. Safety Showers & Eyewash Station can also be used effectively in extinguishing clothing fires or for flushing contaminants from clothing.
Special Note: If the acid concentration is too high, we recommend using a 316 Stainless Steel Material
Continue reading below to understand more about Safety Shower and Eyewash Station
Safety showers and eyewash stations are essential safety devices in the workplace, particularly in environments where there is a risk of chemical exposure or other hazardous incidents. Here are some key reasons why safety showers and eyewash stations are important:
1. Emergency Response: Safety showers and eyewash stations provide immediate response and first aid in the event of chemical splashes, spills, or other hazardous exposures. They allow affected individuals to quickly rinse off or flush their bodies and eyes, helping to minimize the potential harm caused by hazardous substances.
2. Preventing Further Injury: Promptly rinsing off chemicals or hazardous substances is crucial to prevent their further absorption into the body or to minimize the extent of the injury. Safety showers and eyewash stations offer a fast and effective means of decontamination, allowing individuals to remove harmful substances from their skin and eyes before they can cause further damage.
3. Eye Protection: Eyewash stations specifically address eye exposures, which are common in various workplaces. They provide a gentle flow of water to flush the eyes and help remove foreign particles, irritants, or chemicals. Rapid response through eyewash stations can prevent or reduce eye injuries and potential long-term damage.
4. Compliance with Regulations: Safety showers and eyewash stations are often required by safety regulations and standards, such as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines. Compliance with these regulations is necessary to ensure a safe working environment and avoid potential penalties.
5. Employee Well-being: By providing safety showers and eyewash stations, employers demonstrate their commitment to the health and safety of their employees. Knowing that these emergency devices are readily available can help boost employee confidence, morale, and overall well-being.
6. Mitigating Liability: Having properly functioning safety showers and eyewash stations in place can help mitigate liability for employers. In the event of an accident or injury, demonstrating that appropriate safety measures were in place and accessible can protect employers from potential legal and financial consequences.
Overall, safety showers and eyewash stations are vital components of workplace safety. They provide immediate response, minimize injuries, comply with regulations, and contribute to a safer and healthier work environment. Employers should regularly inspect, maintain, and educate employees about the proper use of these critical safety devices.